Get involved in promoting safe physical activity in Chicago:
- Participate in Every Body Walks, a campaign to get America walking.
- Go outside and be active whenever possible, even if it is just a short walk during your lunch break.
- Move more and sit less throughout the workday, and promote a culture of health and wellness at your workplace. This poster has twelve great tips.
- Make sure your child gets at least one hour of physical activity - a recommendation of CLOCC's 5-4-3-2-1 Go!® healthy lifestyle message.
- Encourage your child to walk or bike to school.
- Learn more about complete streets at www.completestreets.org.
- Join or form an advisory council at your local park. Follow this link for more information.
- Check out the latest programs available at your local Chicago Park District park, including family activities to get everyone's heart pumping.
- Check out programs that promote physical activity on the CLOCC website.